We are all working hard to do the best we can during this pandemic. Foodtown’s Easy to Eat Well Program, guided by registered dietitian Jacqueline Gomes, just released “Six Healthy Steps for Surviving Quarantine,” below. You can also follow our blog at https://www.foodtown.com/easy-to-eat-well/blog.
- Establish a Routine: Write down a basic routine. Model what you usually do in your normal daily life. You’ll be amazed how this simple practice will make you feel “ready for your day”!
- Plan meals 5-7 days at a time: This will help you create a robust shopping list that helps limit unnecessary, extra trips to the store.
- Exercise: If you’re not someone who already has an exercise regimen, this is a great time to get started! Even as a beginner, you can go at a slower pace and still receive great benefit.
- Get Outside: Fresh air will do wonders for your mental state, especially if it’s a sunny day! Go for a walk or take a hike while maintaining social distance.
- Stick to a Healthy Diet: Many of us might experience anxiety-induced behaviors that either result in overeating or make you feel like you’ve lost your appetite. Plan and shop for meals to make it easier to keep around a variety of healthy foods to eat.
- Stay Hydrated. Keep a water bottle handy to make sure you’re drinking enough; try using lemon, lime or frozen fruit to add flavor to plain water!
Stay safe and be well,
John T. Derderian, President & Chief Operating Officer – Foodtown Supermarkets